
He is seriously such a sweet kid most of the time so when he gave it to Spencer I said "Is that for our anniversary?" He responded by saying "This is for NOT anniversaries!". Thus the two people sitting at the table are Spencer and I and the X through the table and the rather large X that takes up most of the page depicts his frustration with us wanting to have a meal without the boys. So, that was really a great summation of our 6 years of marriage. Not because we could have been angry with the boys for not leaving us alone for 15 minutes (I have to admit I was pretty annoyed) or that we think our whole marriage has been burden with children, but because this was what life and marriage is really all about. Our little family and the love that brought it about. We both just laughed and Spencer said "What would life be like without kids?". We both agreed that it would be pretty boring. What a beautiful life.