With Easter fast approaching I thought I would share a few recipes. The first is a little less traditional than an Easter ham but these yummy ham sandwiches are some of my favorites! It's one of many wonderful recipes from my mother-in-law and it's also great to serve to large groups (shower's, luncheons, etc.) Also, I'm sure many of you have a favorite fruit dip, this is ours. I love it because I usually have all of the ingredients on hand. Hope you enjoy some of our Spring-time favorites!
Toasted Ham & Swiss Croissants
1 Dozen Croissants (we get the big ones from Costco)
1 Package of Ham
1 Package of Sliced Swiss Cheese
1 Square of Butter (softened)
2 tsp. Yellow Mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 TB Onion (finely chopped-I use a few tsp. onion powder)
1 TB Poppy Seeds
Mix butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion, & poppy seeds. Sliced croissants length-wise and spread mixture on each side. Then place a few slices of ham and a slice of Swiss cheese on the croissant. Place on a cookie sheet and Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes (just watch them...when the cheese is bubbly and the croissants are crispy their done!). Enjoy!
Fabulous Fruit Dip
1- 8 ounce cream cheese
4 TB butter
2 C. powdered sugar
1 -12 ounces cool whip
1 tsp. vanilla
Cream the butter and cream cheese first and add everything else. Whip it good! Enjoy with fresh melon, strawberries, grapes, or any other fruit you love.