Thursday, August 7, 2008

A visit from our FAMILY!

Grandma Stucki came to visit...or enlist in a daycare service, either one (I'm sure she felt like the latter!) She was with us for a day shy of three weeks. The boys loved having grandma here and she was such a huge help and she spoiled us! She helped make the transition from 3 boys to 4 boys far less painful then I'm sure it could have been. All I can say is Thank You!!! Grandpa and Bethany flew in on B's 18th birthday to join the chaos! Happy Birthday B!! We had a little cake and then it was on to the real party, the Red Sox game. Tru, Tag and I stayed at home and watched from the comfy couch! (It was painful not to go to the game (grandma volunteered to stay home)...but that's just part of motherhood right? :) Taede and Talmage had a great time with their grandparents, aunt, and dad at the last game that the infamous Manny Ramirez played in for the Red Sox. We played the Angels....enough said. But the game was a hit for the family! Talmage was singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" for days. The boys chowed down on hot dogs, twice during the game and Grandpa brought cracker jacks too! I asked them the next day what they loved most about the game and Taede said "Riding the train". Who new the subway (that's mostly not underground here) could be so thrilling?! Grandma got some great pictures at the game. Thanks so much for such a fun time! We also found a great little lake while our family was here. It is fresh water, nice and warm, lots of shade, bathrooms, a playground and FREE parking (that's unheard of here!). What is a trip to Boston for anyone without visiting Chuck E. Cheese (like it's not anywhere else in the U.S.). This was very anticipated by my boys. I was at home with our baby for this event but I heard it was a great time and Spencer always has as much fun as anyone....playing mini hoops. Other fun highlights of the Stucki family's time here was a trip to the ocean, baseball in the back yard, eating cannoli's downtown, eating sandwiches from our favorite local shop, going to the park daily, and just being together! We miss our family! We love you!!! Thanks for such a great time!