One day I will be really on top of all of the projects I have started and then I will start a food blog....until then I just continue post to my absolute favorites. I know berry season is pretty much over but you can use frozen raspberries instead of fresh. I found this stellar recipe on allrecipes.com and have made it a millions times since. The mini muffins are the perfect size to pop in your mouth and they are just yummy!
Raspberry Lemon Mini Muffins
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I use raspberry yogurt)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
(optional)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (I've never put this in)
1 cup frozen raspberries
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin (or 2 mini muffin tins), or line with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, egg whites, and, if using, lemon extract. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just blended. Gently stir in the frozen raspberries. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining sugar over the tops for decoration, if desired.
3. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool muffins in the tin on a wire rack.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin (or 2 mini muffin tins), or line with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, egg whites, and, if using, lemon extract. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just blended. Gently stir in the frozen raspberries. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining sugar over the tops for decoration, if desired.
3. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool muffins in the tin on a wire rack.
**I glaze my muffins with a simple glaze of lemon juice combined with powdered sugar & little bit of water. Enjoy!