I had the opprotunity to go on a field trip with Taede today. My sweet friend and I decided to have a babysitting swap for the purpose of being able to attend a field trip for one of our older children. I was excited to spend the day at the Discovery Museum with Taede. Just Taede and Mom. Imagine my anticipatation. Imagine his anticipation, right? That's what I thought. Well, as we were walking out the door to drop him off at school (I was to meet him and his class at the museum) he says "Mom, your going to be on time right?" "Right" I replied. "I'll be there before you are!" I added, to drive the point of super motherhood home. Then he says "And Mom, your going to dress like me right?". "What do you mean honey...dress like you?" I said. "Like your not going to wear you pajamas right?". WHAT?! I thought to myself. Really, I'm that type of mom already?! The kid is only in first grade. Wow, time to regroup and get dressed every morning. Seriously.
The field trip was great. AND I even had time this morning to do my hair and make-up. Hopefully I wasn't too embarassing for Tae. Love him.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
The Field Trip
Posted by
The Stucki's
at
Tuesday, November 24, 2009