Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Teague's Arrival

So the story is almost the same...for all 5 boys.  I actually went in 1 day earlier to have Teague than expected.  Yes, I was induced yet again.  And yes, it was a fairly easy experience.  My doctor called me on Thursday morning (I was set to be induced on Friday morning) and said that labor and delivery were slow, so if I wanted to come in she would get me started.  Why not?!  Spencer was actually working at the the hospital where we were going to be delivering.  He called scheduling and they got someone to come in and cover the rest of his day.  Teena dropped me off at the hospital where I met up with Spence.  They started me on Petocin around 2:30 p.m. and then....we waited...& waited...& got an epidural...& waited...& waited...& broke my water at 9:30 p.m...& waited & waited yet some more.  The little guy was taking his dear sweet time.  When he did decide it was time to come, I pushed a couple of times through a contraction and there he was, 11:27 p.m. on June 10th.  Perfect and sweet.  He came just at the close of the Celtic's-Laker's game ( and yes we were watching the game).  My visiting teacher said it was fitting as we had just completed the starting line-up of a basketball team :)  I feel so overwhelming blessed to have had all of my baby boys make it here with no complications.  I know that it's not because of me that it all works out so well, the Lord is truly merciful.

The boys came the next morning with Spencer's mom to meet their new baby brother.  They were all so sweet and loving with him.  It's still slightly shocking to Spencer and I to be the parents of five kids.  Five.  I think it is more than slightly shocking to most of the people here in Boston.  Being at the hospital after a baby these days is more like a little vacation.  Spencer and I enjoy eating our meals together while we converse uninterrupted.  I can shower as long as I want.  But, like all vacations I end up missing my boys terribly by about day 2.  We brought Teague home on Saturday and he has adjusted to this crazy family beautifully. 
We are so blessed to have this bundle of pure joy in our home.