Wednesday, July 14, 2010

{A Brotherly Conversation}

I overheard Truman, Talmage, & Taede talking about...girls.  It went something like this:
  •  
Truman: "Who's your girlfriend Taede?  Is it Mom?"

Taede: (old enough to understand that Mom can't be his girlfriend) "No, it's not"

Taede: "Talmage, who is your girlfriend?"

Truman: "I know, someone in your preschool class!" 

Taede: "Is it Nikki?!"

Talmage: (almost giddy) "Yea, and she chases me around the playground at recess and I love it!"

Talmage: "Taede, who do you love?"

Taede: "I really think Aleya  is cute.  But I really like our second cousin Dakota."

  •  
So, I guess we need to talk about at least one thing.  Taede understands that mom isn't his girlfriend...now we need to cover extended family.  One thing at a time.  And Talmage must be the loverboy of the family.  I wonder what these conversations will be like in 10 years from now, pray for me.