Tenley's birth story is remarkably calm, wonderful...practically perfect (for us anyway!). I was scheduled to be induced (as I have been with every single one of my babies, apparently my body doesn't know how to start labor naturally. That and I'm too impatient to wait more than a week post due date to find out.) on Friday morning. Spencer had recently changed employers and was working at a new hospital so his time off requests were at a minimum. So... I rode to work with him at 6:30 a.m. and he set off to do his thing and I got checked in. My Dr. was great, she and I had a good "plan" for this fabulous event and amazingly all went accordingly. I changed, received an I.V. started Pitocin and was ready to go by 9:00 a.m. My doctor came in to see how things were going and said she would be back to break my water at about 11:00 a.m. if Spencer was all finished up with his work at the hospital for the day. I wanted my epidural before my water was broken, so in went the epidural when I was dilated to about a 4 and not feeling too much pain at all. Spencer came through and was all finished by about 10:15 a.m. and the Dr. came back in and broke my water at about 11:15 a.m. I was feeling great at this point. I took a brief nap and woke up at about 1:00 p.m. feeling like things might be a bit different down there. My Dr. came back again at 1:30 p.m. and sure enough I was fully dilated and asked not to move...or sneeze, because my baby girl might just come right out. After a few pushes and a little laugh she was here. Perfect. Beautiful. Truly straight from heaven. And that was it.
What a blessing she has been already. We love her. Lots.




