Monday, March 24, 2008

...and the "fun" continues...

So I thought the boys were on the mend. Not so. Every morning I go in to get Tru out of bed and he has thrown up at some point in the night. I thought last night that he was feeling a lot better, I guess not. Taede woke up last night at 11:00 p.m., then at 2:30 a.m. screaming that his ear hurt. So we called the Pediatrician at 3:00 a.m. and Spence made a "middle of the night" run to get antibiotics. Talmage woke up running a fever and saying "Mommy I just want to go back to sleep". All the while they are coughing their guts out and wiping their noses every 5 minutes. So it's a steady schedule of Tylenol, Ibuprofen, prayers, tissue, movies, sanitizer, humidifiers, laundry, allergy medicine, warm compresses, drinks of water, and a few smiles every now and then when the sun shines through the windows. I had to laugh when I walked in my bedroom just moments ago, to try and take a nap while my boys are down too, and saw the top of the bookcase in our bedroom. I know so many can empathize! I am just thankful it's nothing really serious, just a little miserable. And even more thankful for Spencer, for countless reasons. We will be making our 3rd trip to the Pediatrician's office this month and hopefully our last, there is only a week left in March right?!