We had a great weekend! Spencer had a change in semester so he was able to spend some time with us last weekend. The boys kicked off the weekend by camping...in the back yard. Yea, we haven't made out of our yard but at least we made it out of the house this time!!
We had some Saturday morning commitments so we had to stay around town. The boys loved it! Truman and I took the more comfortable route and slept inside. I know I'm wimpy! So Saturday afternoon we went canoeing
.
The weather was great and we saw a family of geese and fortunately we avoided going down this little waterfall.
Then we headed to Concord to see Louisa May Allcott's home
(all of you Little Women fans know what I am talking about!). It was really neat, the home has been virtually untouched since the Allcott's lived there and 80% of all of the furnishings are original to the home.
The boys actually did pretty well during the tour so of course we had to head to where else...McDonald's. But while we were in Concord I had to make a quick stop and Kevin Garnett's house! I know pathetic, but we
were already in Concord and it was kind of fun (even though we could only see the gate TO the house).
Sunday was beautiful and we spent the evening on the temple grounds just enjoying the day. Monday was a fun filled day of history and the beach. We visited the homes of 2nd President of the United States John Adams and his son, 6th President of the United States, John Quincy Adams. It was remarkable. Spencer and I really enjoyed seeing the original birthplace of both of these amazing men. Just some interesting
facts: Below is the first
ever Presidential Library. Both President Adams' where the only presidents to
never own a slave during the time when slavery was permitted in the United States. John Adams was originally a farmer.
Both men graduated from Harvard and John Qu
incy Adams practiced law. The homes were all on the original sites and the last house that we saw was in the Quincy family until it was turned over to the National Parks in the mid 1900's so everything in it is absolutely original. I'm sure everyone can guess how interesting this stuff is to 5,3, & 2 year olds' but they did great and we finally made it to the beach!
We had a little picnic lunch and then we just hung out for the rest of the day.
The boys absolutely love the ocean. Especially Talmage! He wanted to play in the waves almost the whole time...and they water wasn't warm! Spencer found this crab as the tide started to come in. It was alive as ever and snapped at one of the other little guys that the boys were playing with. We sprayed the boys down with SPF 50 but Spencer and I got some pretty wicked sunburns! That's been great being pregnant...now I'm huge and on fire! And if your looking for prego beach shots...not on my life! After our afternoon at the beach we came home changed our clothes and met up with Spencer's uncle, Hugh, and his cute family for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory where they were kind enough to treat us to dinner! Thanks Shaum Family!!! My camera was dead by then so I'll have to get some pictures from them when when finish their tour of pretty much the entire East coast! The boys were in heaven and they especially loved seeing family. I think Mitch has some new best friends now (at least Taede thinks so!). So that was our fun filled holiday weekend and this is what the boys looked like at the end of one of those (this is about 5 minutes after we got in the car). It's always so hard to get back into the daily grind of things but there's always dreaming of next time.... 



