Tuesday, October 14, 2008

10K!

I did it, I wasn't going to, then I decided I could, so I did it!! My goal was to be right around 1 hour and I felt pretty good about my time considering my postpartum state (Tag will be 3 months in about a week). It was such a fun time. The Tufts 10K for women is the largest 10K event in the entire country, there were over 7,000 people. The race started downtown at the Boston Common and went along the Charles River in Cambridge and then back to the the Common. My sweet boys and even sweeter hubby were there cheering me on. Spence has been awesome in letting me go running every day when he gets home from school (I love that man!). The day was beautiful and it was a great experience. I can chalk it up to things I've done in my life....we'll see if I ever attempt something like this again. I have to say, it is a little addicting.

Five of my great friends were there running too! (from left to right: Betsy, Heidi, Cheryl, Shayna Me & Mary who wasn't in this picture).

And just as a blog side note for all of my amazing friends who could run a 10 minute mile in their sleep (you know who you are)...no laughing please :).