Monday, October 12, 2009

Photobucket

Photo taken by Talmage Denzle

Our sweet friends invited us to attend the Boston Symphony Orchestra on Saturday night. The was my first time attending a symphony and it was wonderful. Thankfully, I did recognize some the the composers who were featured that night (thanks to those school music courses). There was music from Stravinsky, Rachmaninoff, & Shostakovich (hadn't heard of the last however...). It was wonderful to be on a very relaxing date with Spencer. It was so relaxing in fact, I felt myself slipping in and out of consciousness during the last piece (it was rather long). The highlight of the evening for Spencer was laughing (silently of course) at the guest conductor. He was um...very expressive in his conducting movements, passionate if you will. I have to say he must have a major headache at the end of the night.

All in all, though, I know very, very, VERY little about music it was a fabulous evening!